Monday, October 21, 2013

Raspberry Rose Buttercream White Chocolate Cupcake

I kid you not and it's pretty clear on my obsession towards cupcakes. Guilty pleasures in small dainty cups, frosted with any ultra smooth Swiss Meringue Buttercream flavour is simply irresistible. This week, I thought lets start the day off with RASPBERRY ROSE BUTTERCREAM WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE.


This is the month of wearing the PINK RIBBON. Can you believe how time flies? Every year this time, I like to take the time to make a tribute, as an act to constantly remind one that life is unpredictable and that we should always live to the fullest like there is no tomorrow. The month of October maybe a constant reminder to love ourselves more but I think we should love ourselves no matter what the month is. Truly a wake up call to take charge with our health and life too. We need to start believing that being beautiful on the outside is just as important as being beautiful on the inside. Right now, I sound like a cliche advertisement don't I? However, I do truly believe in the statement I made.

Now, moving on to this wonderful cupcake. While I didn't really experiment with my own cupcake recipe, the white chocolate cake is adapted from All Recipes. The cake is moist and dense, and has a hint of white chocolate sweetness. Personally, I am a person that love a balance of flavours.

Since the cake is fairly sweet, I glazed the cupcake with something tart, pairing it with easy homemade thick "Raspberry Compote" which is lightly infused with Rose Water essence. Oh! what a flowery lovely aroma. I then, frosted the cupcakes with my all time favourite Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream (I usually use the same base, egg whites, sugar, butter & vanilla extract and tweak it by adding jam or colours to pair with any of my cupcake) where this is lightly flavoured with the homemade Raspberry Jam, giving that light tint of natural pink. P-E-R-F-E-C-T Combo! A little tart and sweet. Yum..
At the end, I hope that this post can help to put a smile and shed some light to someone who has had a hard day.This is already making my day & have a great week!
xx

14 comments:

  1. White chocolate is my favorite and these cupcakes look very delicate and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look so beautiful, Joanna. You did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo! These cupcakes are so pretty! Yeah, they did make me smile and hungry to taste them too hah! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unos cupcakes, elevados a la categoría gourmet, Joanna!!! Una auténtica preciosidad por fuera y deliciosos por dentro, un merecido homenaje al rosa del mes de octubre. Me encantan!!! :))) Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, your pretty pink and dainty little cupcakes are magnificent! I do remember well, how obsessed you were with all the pretty cupcakes, when we were in San Francisco...such fun time that was:) What happened to that pretty pink cake platter you purchased in SF?...these stunning cupcakes would have looked beautiful on that pink platter for the October BC awareness month! Big hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eli! The pink cake stand is safely kept in my pantry :) I do use when whenever I can..Thanks for coming over and I apologize on my delayed response. Work has really been crazy at my end. I will soon be back with more exciting news and recipes. Take care and miss ya! ♥ Jo

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous site!!!
    I saw you on every recipe and I thought I would drop by and give you a little encouragement via some "comment love"
    Stop by and say hi sometime. I have blogging and traffic building tips in a story from a few days ago on my site if your interested.
    ...anyway, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Apologize for the late reply as I have been juggling in between work and trying to keep up with posting :). Thanks for the support and I will be heading over too.

      Delete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...